About l544 pill
White, Oblong-shaped L544 pill is identified as the Acetaminophen Extended-Release 650 mg, it is also known as Paracetamol.
L544 pill is prescribed in following conditions:
- Post Immunization Pyrexia
- Mild To Moderate Pain of arthritis
- Muscle aches
L544 pill is produced by the Perrigo company, an American irish registered manufacturer of private label over-the-counter pharmaceuticals.
Physical Characteristics Of l544 pill
|Pill Name||L544 pill|
Pharmacological Characteristics Of l544 pill
|Drug Class||Analgesics and antipyretics|
|Route of administration||Oral|
|Pregnancy Category||Pregnancy Category C (potentially risky, advice should be taken from professional healthcare providers)|
What is an extended-release tablet?
Extended-release tablets are those tablets which are designed in such a way that the tablet will slowly release into the body over a period of time. They usually take 12 to 24 hours, throughout this period the effect of a tablet lasts actively.
What is l544 pill?
I544 pill is a white capsule-shaped tablet manufactured and supplied by Perrigo Company. l544 pill contains acetaminophen 650 mg as an active drug. l544 pill comes as an extended-release tablet.
Dosage Of L544 Pill
- L544 pill should be taken exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- As the l544 pill is an extended-release tablet, the pharmacological effect last easily for 6-8 hours. So the gap between two dosages remains between 6-8 hours.
- General Dosage Of L544 Pill – single pill of l544 every 6-8 hours orally. The maximum daily dose is 4 grams.
What to do in case of missed dose of l544 pill?
L544 is an over the counter tablet & is taken as needed. Since it is not taken as dosing schedule it makes it very rare to miss a dose of l544 pill.
If you take this pill regularly then you might miss a dose. however, if you miss a dose take the missed dose as soon as you remember it.
Skip the missed dose if the time of next dose is near. Also, remember not to take extra doses to make up for the missed dose, it will lead to overdose.
What happens if I overdose of l544 pill?
Early signs and symptoms of l544 pill overdose are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sweating, and confusion or weakness.
These signs and symptoms get worse with time and include yellowing of your skin, dark urine, and pain in your upper stomach.
As soon as you realized or experience the signs and symptoms of l544 pill overdose you should contact nearby healthcare professional.
Side Effects Of l544 Pill
In rare cases, l544 Pill causes side effects. Generally, they are normal and may come and go as your body adapt to them.
Get emergency help in case you experience any of the following side effects:
- Nausea & Vomiting,
- Stomach Pain,
- Loss of Appetite,
- Skin Rash,
- Dark Urine,
- Clay-Colored Stools,
- Yellowing of Skin or Eyes.
Get immediate help if you experience following fatal side effects:
- Trouble Breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Stomach Ulcers
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat).
Drug Interaction Of l544 pill
- I544 pill may interact with some of the drugs and may possibly reduce the pharmacological action of itself or other drug or both of the drugs.
- Few noted drug interactions are:
- Cholestyramine – Decreases the absorption of l544 pill.
- Rifampicin and some anticonvulsants – Decreases the serum concentration of l544 pill.
- Warfarin – On prolonged use l544 pill increases anticoagulant effect of the warfarin.
- Metoclopramide and Domperidone – Increases the absorption of l544 pill.
- Probenecid – Increases serum concentration.
Food & Disease Interaction of l544 pill
- Alcohol – it increases the risk of hepatotoxicity, that’s why l544 pill should not be taken with alcohol.
- St John’s wort – patients with this disease should avoid l544 pill as it may decrease serum concentration of l544 pill.
Mechanism Of Action Of l544 pill
It also produces weak anti-inflammatory activity by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis in the CNS. Prostaglandins are required to generate pain and inflammation in the body.
Pharmacokinetic of l544 pill
Duration Of Action: Oral: 4-6 hours (analgesia). ≥6 hours (antipyretic).
Absorption: l544 pill is well absorbed on oral administration, reaching peak plasma concentration in approx 10-60 minutes.
Distribution: l544 pill is well distributed into most of the major body tissues. It also crosses the placenta and enters breast milk.
Metabolism: l544 pill mainly metabolised in the liver via glucuronic and sulfuric acid conjugation.
Excretion: i544 is mainly excreted via urine by the body.
How to store l544 pill?
It is suggested to keep it in the airtight container which comes with the l544 pill. Keep it at room temperature of 20-25°C. Do not freeze & Protect it from light and moisture.
Also keep it out of reach from children’s and pets.
Special Precautions Of l544 Pill
- Do not consume l544 pill if you have or had an allergy to acetaminophen/paracetamol.
- If you are a regular consumer of alcohol you should avoid l544 pill.
- Patients with kidney or liver disease should also avoid l544 pill.
- Before taking l544 pill inform your doctor about your current medications, and nutritional and herbal supplements.
- Contact your doctor if you do not feel any relief after a day of taking l544 pill.
- For individuals weighing less than 50kg (110.2lb), dosage should be measured according to his/her weight.
- If you are taking blood clotting drugs like warfarin and aspirin should consult a doctor or pharmacist before taking l544 pill.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers should ensure the benefits from l544 pill and may ask for proper care and dosage.
FAQs regarding l544 pill
- What is l544 pill and what it is used for?
I544 pill is a white oblong-shaped tablet manufactured and supplied by Perrigo Company. l544 pill contains acetaminophen 650 mg as an active drug. l544 pill comes as an extended-release tablet.
- What do you need to know before taking l544 pill?
Do not take this medication if:
You are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the other ingredients of l544 pill.
L544 pill should not be given to children below the age of 10 years.
People with liver or kidney disease should avoid l544 pill.
- How to take l544 pill?
Always follow the doctor's and pharmacist's advice while taking l544 pill. Do not take more than the advised dose. Swallow the tablets whole with a drink of water.
Wait at least 4 hours before taking another dose, Do not take more than 4 doses in a 24-hour period.
- What are the possible side effects of l544 pill?
Side effects of l544 pills are very rare and usually go away without any special treatment. Common side effects of l544 pill are:
Loss of appetite,
Yellowing of skin or eyes
- What are the uses of l544 pill?
- Can you take l544 pill with antibiotics?
Yes, l544 pill can be taken with antibiotics to reduce the pain and inflammation in severe infection.
- Is it safe to take l544 pill when pregnant?
Acetaminophen has been used during pregnancies to help relieve pain or lower temperatures. It is a pregnancy category c drug and should be taken during pregnancy only if recommended by the doctor.
- How long you should continue taking l544 pill?
If your condition does not improve after 3 days of its consumption you should discontinue and seek medical help from a doctor.
- What is the active ingredient of l544 pill?
L544 pill contains acetaminophen as an active ingredient which is also known as paracetamol.
- Does l544 pill affect blood pressure?
No, it does not affect blood pressure or interact with blood pressure medications.
- Can l544 pill be taken on an empty stomach?
L544 pill can be taken on an empty stomach but it is better to take it after food as it may reduce the chances of stomach upset.