Ip466 pill is a white oval-oblong shaped containing Ibuprofen 800 mg as an active ingredient. Ip466 pill is manufactured and supplied by Amneal Pharmaceuticals.
IP466 white pill (Ibuprofen 800 mg) is an non-steroidal anti-inflammatory class of drugs, IP466 Pill is prescribed in following conditions:
- Mild to moderate pain
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
IP466 pill exhibit analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic pharmacological effects by inhibiting cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 thereby, also inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis.
Physical Characteristics Of IP466 Pill
Pharmacological Characteristics Of IP466 Pill
|Route Of Administration||Oral|
|Pregnancy Category||Pregnancy category C (Potential side effects in pregnant women’s)|
How Does IP466 Works?
Ibuprofen is a non-selective COX enzyme inhibitor, in our body prostaglandin formation is responsible for generating pain and inflammation sensation.
COX enzymes are required for synthesis of prostaglandins, thus IP466 exhibit analgesic effect by inhibiting formation of prostaglandins by inhibiting COX enzyme.
Pictures Of IP466 Pill
Dosage Of IP466 Pills
IP466 pill should be taken as directed by prescribing doctor, follow all the instructions that are given by doctor and pharmacist.
Try to take IP466 pill after water as it reduces chances of stomach upset. Drink plenty of water after taking ip466 pill as it can help in the timely excretion from the body.
General recommended dosage Of ip466 pill – single pill of ip466 every 6-8 hours orally. The maximum daily dose is 4 grams.
What To Do In Case Of Missed Dose Of IP466 Pill?
If you miss a dose you should take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, If the time of next dose is near then you should skip the previous dose and take the next dose.
Do not take the extra dose to makeup the missed dose, you may end it getting serious side effects from overdose.
What Happens In Case Of Overdose Of IP466 Pill?
In case of overdose of ip466 you should contact nearby healthcare professional as soon as possible.
Some symptoms of ip466 pill are Headache, drowsiness, CNS depression, seizures, tinnitus, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
Serious health conditions like hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, apnoea, respiratory failure, hyperkalaemia, acute renal failure, lethargy, metabolic acidosis, coma may also occur in ip466 pill over dosage.
Management Of Over Dosage Of IP466 Pill
Management of ip466 pill can be done by Supportive and symptomatic treatment.
Induce emesis with syrup of ipecac or perform gastric lavage. Administer activated charcoal to reduce absorption and reabsorption.
Forced alkaline diuresis and Management of hypotension, gastrointestinal bleeding and acidosis can be effective and usefull.
Precautions Before Taking IP466 Pill
- Before taking ip466 pill tell your doctor if you have allergy with ibuprofen or any other NSAID like Paracetamol, Etoricoxib, Nimesulide…
- Do not take ip466 pill if you have history of gastrointestinal bleeding, perforation, or ulceration related to NSAID therapy.
- IP466 pill should not be taken in third trimester of pregnancy.
- Patient with kidney or liver disorder should not take ip466 pill. In case of emergency dosage should be adjusted by the doctor.
- Alcohol intake should be avoided while taking ip466 pill.
- Patient with cardiac disorder should avoid ip466 pill, this may increase risk of cardiovascular failure.
Side Effects Of IP466 Pill
Like other NSAID ibuprofen also shows some side effects which includes:
- stomach pain
- abdominal pain.
Contact your doctor if any of these side effects are persistent and troublesome to you.
In rare cases there are chances of getting serious side effects like:
- anaphylactoid reactions,
- risk of hyperkalaemia,
- liver function abnormalities,
- blurred vision,
Kindly contact nearby doctor and seek for medical help if you notice any of the mentioned side effects.
Drug Interactions of IP466 Pill
- IP466 pill increases risk of gastrointestinal bleeding when taken with anti-platelet drugs like warfarin, enoxaparin, dabigatran.
- Ciclosporin – it increases the risk of hyperkalaemia and renal toxicity.
- Lithium – Increase in levels and risk of toxicity.
- ACE inhibitors – ip466 pill decrease antihypertensive effect of ACE Inhibitors.
Before taking ip466 pill you should tell your doctor about your current medications including herbal supplements and non-prescription drugs to identify any possible drug interaction.
Pharmacokinetics Of IP466 Pill
Ibuprofen is an non steroidal anti inflammatory drug with analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties.
It inhibit prostaglandin formation by blocking cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 enzymes in arachidonic acid pathway.
- Onset of action – Analgesic: 30-60 minutes. Anti-inflammatory: ≤7 days.
- Duration of action – 4-6 hours.
- Absorption – ip466 pill is well absorbed on oral administration, reaching peak plasma concentration in approx. 1-2 hours. Also note food intake decreases absorption rate.
- Metabolism – ip466 pill is mainly metabolized in the liver via oxidation.
- Excretion – ip466 pill is mainly excreted mainly via urine (45-80% as metabolites, approx 1% as unchanged drug); faeces.
How To Store IP466 Pill?
It is advised to keep ip466 pill in the airtight container which comes with the ip466 pill. Keep it at room temperature of 20-25°C.
Do not freeze & Protect it from light and moisture, Also keep it out of reach from children’s and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding IP466 Pill
What is IP466 Pill Medication?
When is IP466 Pill Prescribed?
Is IP466 Pill a Safe Medication?
Can I Take IP466 Pill If I’m Pregnant Or Breastfeeding?
How To Take ip466 pill?
What Are ip466 White Pill Side Effects?
Can I Take IP466 Pill On Empty Stomach?
What Kind Of Pill Is ip466?
Is Ibuprofen 800 (ip466 pill) Good For Toothache?
How Long Should One Continue Using IP466 Pill?
Read This Article – 4h2 Pill: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects & Precautions
Pingback: i7 pill (White): Pill Identifier - Health Plus City