l612 white pill is an oval shaped pill containing Loratadine 10mg as an active ingredient. Loratidine is an antihistaminic drug which can be used in allergic conditions like:
- Hay Fever
l612 pill also used for reactions to insect bites and stings and for some food allergies.
Because of its inability to cross blood brain barrier, loratidine (l612 pill ) also known as non-drowsy antihistamine.
Physical Properties Of L612 Pill
Key Facts About L612 Pill
- It’s usual to take l612 pill once a day.
- L612 pill is classed as a non-drowsy antihistamine, but some people still find it makes them feel slightly sleepy.
- Consumption of alcohol should be avoided as it may make you more sleepy.
- Swallow l612 pill with a drink of water, milk or juice.
Pharmacological Characteristics Of L612 Pill
|Route Of Administration||Oral|
|Pregnancy Category||Pregnacy Category B (Consultation from doctor is advised)|
Pictures Of L612 Pill
How To Consume L612 Pill?
L612 pill should be taken as directed by the doctor, follow all the instructions that are given by doctor and pharmacist along with prescription.
Swallow l612 pill with a drink of water, milk or juice. If the tablet has a score line, you can break it in half if you find it hard to swallow it whole. Do not chew it.
When to take l612 pill?
You may only need to take l612 pill when you feel allergic symptoms or you’ve been exposed to allergic trigger’s like pollen, dust and animal hairs.
You can also take l612 pill regularly to prevent symptoms, such as hayfever during summer and spring.
What if I forget to take l612 pill?
In case of missed dose you should take it as soon as you remember. However , if time of your next dose is near then you should skip missed dose and take your upcoming dose.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
What happens if I overdose of l612 pill?
Somnolence, tachycardia, drowsiness, headache are the common symptoms noted in overdose of l612 pill.
Overdose Management: May administer activated charcoal and may perform gastric lavage to remove excess of unabsorbed l612 pill from the stomach.
Symptomatic and supportive treatment should be also given to keep patient stable.
Side Effects Of L612 Pill
Like all other antihistamines, loratadine (l612 pill) can cause side effects although they are very rare situations in which they occur.
If taken as advised by the doctor it will save you from most of the side effects.
Common side effects
Like other antihistamine most common side effect of l612 pill is feeling sleepy, they are very rare and occur in 1 out of 100 patients.
- Dry mouth,
- Abdominal pain,
- Hepatic necrosis.
Immediately contact your doctor or seek immediate help if you get any of the above severe side effects.
In case of allergy you should discontinue l612 pill immediately and talk to your doctor.
How to cope up with side effects
- Headaches – they usually go away within a day, if the pain is severe then ask your pharmacist to recommend a painkiller like L544 Pill. Drink plenty of water and talk to your doctor if needed.
- Feeling sleepy – it is the most common side effect, change your pill with other non drowsy antihistamine like 4h2 Pill.
- Feeling nervous – talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these side effects don’t go away as they may be able to offer you a different antihistamine.
Drug Interaction Of L612 Pill
L612 pill may interact with many drugs, to avoid drug interaction before using this medicine tell your doctor about your current medicines including nutritional and herbal supplements.
L612 pill may increases blood plasma concentration of ketoconazole, fluconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, cimetidine.
Other medications & drugs that interact with l612 pill
- Fish Oil
- Metroprolol Succinate
- Metoprolol Tartarate
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
Precautions & Warnings Of L612 Pill
Patient with kidney and liver disease should consult doctor before using l612 pill as the dose adjustment is required in such conditions.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women’s should take l612 pill only if recommended by the doctor.
L612 pill may cause dizziness, therefore it is advised not to drive vehicles or heavy machines which requires extra concentration.
Pharmacokinetics Of L612 Pill
- Onset Of Action – 1-3 hours.
- Duration Of Action – >24 hours.
- Absorption: l612 pill rapidly and well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Achieves peak plasma concentration by 1-1.5 hours.
- Distributuion: l612 pill is well distributed in body.
- Metabolism: Extensively undergoes first-pass metabolism in the liver via CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 to desloratadine as the active metabolite.
- Excretion: l612 pill mainly excreted by the urine and faeces.
Frequently Asked Questions (Answered)
- What is l612 pill?
l612 white pill is an oval shaped pill containing antihistaminic drug loratadine 10mg as an active ingredient.
- Why l612 pill is prescribed?
L612 pill is an antihistaminic medication containing loratadine 10mg. it is prescribed in following conditions:
- Is l612 pill safe to be used in pregnancy?
L612 pill is categorized as pregnancy category B drug, it should be consumed in pregnancy only if it is recommended by the doctor.
does l612 pill affect my fertility?
There's no firm evidence to suggest that taking l612 pill will reduce fertility in either men or women.
- Should I take l612 pill with food?
It is always advised to take any NSAID with food, as it will reduce chances of stomach upset.
- Can I cut or break l612 pill in half?
It is recommended to take full pill without breaking or chewing for best result.
- How To Store L612 Pill?
It is recommended to keep l612 pill in the airtight container which comes with the ip466 pill. Keep it at room temperature of 20-25°C.
Do not freeze & Protect it from light and moisture, keep it out of reach from children’s and pets.
- Can I drink alcohol with l612 pill?
No, alcohol should be avoided with l612 pill as it may make you sleepier.
- How long does it take l612 pill to work?
Pharmacological action of l612 pill starts within 60 minutes on oral administration. The peak effect is generally between 8 to 12 hours after the dose is taken.
- What is the maximum dosage of l612 pill?
The maximum dose of l612 pill single pill per 24 hours in adults (including seniors)
- What are some possible side effects of l612 pill?
Read This Article – The 13 Best Numbing Creams of 2021