i 10 white pill is a commonly used painkiller belonging to pregnancy category C.
|Pill Imprint||I 10 pill|
|Supplier||Granules India Limited|
- I 10 pill work by blocking production of prostaglandin enzymes in the body. Prostaglandins are responsible for the pain sensation in the body.
- Take I 10 pill for as long as your doctor has prescribed it for you.
- Stomach ulcers and bleeding are most common side effects of I 10 pill.
- Take I 10 pill before half an hour meal/snack for better results and to avoid gastric side effects.
|Active Ingredient of I 10 Pill||Ibuprofen|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Pregnancy Category||Pregnancy Category C|
Dosage of I 10 pill
It is advised to take i 10 pill as prescribed by your doctor. it is also recommended to take i 10 pill for as long as your doctor has prescribed it for you, depending on your medical condition.
Take i 10 pill before half an hour meal/snack for better results. Do not chew, break, or crush the I 10 pill. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
Precautions & Warnings of I 10 pill
- Children younger than 6 months of age should not be given I 10 pills without consulting a doctor.
- A patient who had any recent heart bypass surgery should not take I 10 pill as it increases the risk of a heart attack.
- Patients with a history of stomach ulcers and the bleeding should avoid consumption of I 10 pill.
- Consult your doctor before taking I 10 pill in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- I 10 pill causes drowsiness and sleepiness that’s why after taking I 10 pill you should not drive a vehicle or operate any heavy machinery.
- It is advised to avoid alcohol while taking I 10 pill.
- I 10 pill should be used with caution in patients with kidney and liver disease. In such cases dose adjustment of I 10 pill may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Do not consume I 10 pill if you have serious kidney or liver problems.
Side effects of I 10 pill
Like all other medicines I 10 pill also causes some side effects which may affect your quality of life.
Talk to your doctor if the side effects persist any problem for you.
Although, I 10 pill is a safe medication and side effects are seen in 1 out of 100 people taking it.
Common side effects of I 10 pill:
Most of these side effects do not require any special medical attention and will resolve gradually over time.
How to store I 10 pill?
It is recommended to store I 10 pill in an air-tight container and keep it away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Contact your pharmacist for safe disposal of the expired pill.
Dietary & Lifestyle changes suggested with I 10 pill
- Gentle physical activities like 10-20 minutes of walking or running or playing any sport would be helpful in joint stiffness.
- Doing yoga can help you in the improving joint flexibility.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat only healthy food.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep to provide your muscles adequate rest to recover.
- Add antioxidants-rich food in your diet such as berries, spinach, and kidney beans.
Drug Interactions of I 10 pill
- Drug interaction affects the pharmacological action of any drug and may produce undesired effects on the patient taking it.
- Following is the list of drugs which interact with I 10 pill:
- Aspirin – Increased risk of gastrointestinal ulceration, perforation or haemorrhage.
- Ciclosporin – Increased risk of hyperkalaemia and renal toxicity.
- Methotrexate – Increased levels and risk of toxicity.
- May decrease the antihypertensive effect of ACE inhibitors.
Pharmacokinetics of I 10 pill
- Mechanism of action I 10 pill: Ibuprofen is an NSAID which has analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties.
It inhibits cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 thereby, also inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis. Prostaglandins are enzymes responsible for pain sensation in the body.
- The onset of action – it starts its action in 30-60 minutes after oral administration
- Absorption – it is mainly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Metabolism – Metabolised in the liver via oxidation.
- Excretion – Mainly via urine.
Frequently Asked Questions of I 10 Pill
- What is I 10 pill?
A white oblong-shaped pill with i 10 marking is an anti-inflammatory pill with Ibuprofen 800 mg as an active ingredient.
- What is the use of I 10 pill?
i 10 pill is used in the symptomatic management of Mild to moderate pain, Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, Fever, Dysmenorrhoea, Osteoarthritis, and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- How do I 10 pill work?
I 10 pill belongs to the group of pain killers called NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) which work by blocking the effect of chemical messengers (prostaglandin), thereby reducing joint pain, stiffness, swelling, and inflammation.
- Does I 10 pill cause dizziness?
I 10 pills may cause drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, and vision disturbances like blurred vision. So, drive only if you are alert and omit driving or operating machinery if you feel dizzy or drowsy.
- Is it safe to take I 10 pill for a longer duration?
Do not take I 10 pill for more than 10 days unless prescribed by your doctor. Taking I 10 pill for longer durations or high doses may cause a heart attack or stroke. Do not exceed the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- I have heart problem, can I take I 10 pill?
I 10 pill may increase the risk of a heart attack. in such condition, it is better to avoid I 10 pill.
- What if I forget to take a dose of I 10 pill?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. Although, skip the missed dose if it’s almost time for the next dose.
Do not take double doses of i10 pill or any extra dose to make up for a missed one.