About M73 Pill
M73 Pill is a widely known antibiotic pill used in the treatment of uncomplicated infections, Epididymo-orchitis, Syphilis, Relapsing fever, louse-borne typhus, Prophylaxis of malaria & Traveller’s diarrhea.
M73 Pill contains Doxycycline Monohydrate 100 mg as an active ingredient. it works by inhibiting the protein synthesis of bacteria.
|Pill Name||M73 Pill|
|Colour||Brown & Yellow|
|Pregnancy Category||Pregnancy Category D|
Key Facts of M73 Pill
- M73 Pill may give you significant relief from infections within a few days of the course. always remember to complete a course of any antibiotic to avoid a relapse of the infection.
- Headaches and Nausea are the most common side effects of M73 Pill. you will be less susceptible if you take this pill after a meal.
- It is advised to avoid alcohol while taking M73 Pill as it may interfere with the action of M73 Pill.
- In some infections, M73 Pill may be prescribed for a longer duration as the causing bacteria survive longer.
|Active Ingredient||Doxycycline Monohydrate|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Supplier||Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
Dosage of M73 Pill
The dosage of the M73 Pill can vary according to the condition or the severity of the infection. following is the most commonly prescribed dose of Doxycycline:
- Susceptible infections – 200 mg as a single dose or in 2 divided doses (at 12-hour intervals)
- Nongonococcal urethritis – 100 mg bid for 7 days.
- Sexually transmitted diseases – 100 mg bid for 7 days.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea – 100 mg bid for 7 days.
- Epididymal-orchitis – 100 mg bid for at least 10 days.
- Syphilis – 300 mg daily in divided doses for at least 10 days.
- Relapsing fever and louse-borne typhus – 100 or 200 mg as a single dose.
- Prophylaxis of scrub typhus – 200 mg as a single dose.
- Prophylaxis of malaria – 100 mg daily starting 1-2 days before travel to malarial areas, continued daily during the stay and for 4 weeks after leaving the malarial area.
Precautions & Warnings of M73 Pill
Doxycycline, the active ingredient of the M73 pill can be taken safely by most adults and children above 12 years of age.
M73 Pill (Doxycycline) does come with certain precautions and warnings that you should follow to ensure safety. tell your doctor if you:
- have venereal disease, myasthenia gravis.
- have a history or predisposition to oral candidosis (film-coated tab).
- have lupus, an autoimmune disease.
- have liver or kidney disorders.
Avoid taking M73 Pill if you had an allergic reaction to any ingredient of this pill or any drug belonging to the class of Tetracycline antibiotics.
It is advised to avoid drinking alcohol while taking the M73 pill as it may interfere with the action of M73 Pill.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
M73 Pill is a pregnancy category d medicine, which is not usually recommended in pregnancy. it has been linked with possible side effects on the fetus.
It may affect tooth and bone formation in your baby, you should talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant while taking M73 Pill.
Breastfeeding mothers should also consult a doctor as a certain amount of Doxycycline gets passed through breast milk and may affect calcium absorption in babies.
Side Effects of M73 Pill
Like any other pill, M73 Pill may cause some mild to moderate side effects.
However, there is nothing to worry about as they are very rare and most people don’t even get them.
Common side effects of M73 Pill are:
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Discoloration of teeth
- Abdominal pain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Swelling in mouth & tongue
Most of these side effects do not require any kind of special treatment as they usually go away once our body gets adapted to them.
However, you should talk to your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away and bother you in your life.
Drug Interactions of M73 Pill
Drug interactions can change the way other medications work and may produce some undesired side effects.
Following is the list of drugs that interact with M73 Pill:
- amphetamine / dextroamphetamine
- fluticasone nasal
You should also inform your doctor about any other medications and supplements your taking to avoid any further interactions.
Storage of M73 Pill
You should alway keep your medicine in an air tight container and away from direct sunlight to avoid deterioration of pill.
Also, remember to keep it out of reach from the children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
M73 Pill is a widely known antibiotic pill used in the treatment of wide variety of uncomplicated infections.
M73 Pill contains Doxycycline Monohydrate 100 mg as an active ingredient.
M73 Pill works by inhibiting the production of protein in bacteria, after some time they die due to lack of protein and energy.
In case of missed dose, you should take it as soon as you remember it. However, you should skip the dose if it is almost a time for next dose.
Yes, you can drive vehicle after taking m73 pill. it does not affect your ability to drive.
M73 pill can be prescribed for upto 10 days, it is advised to follow the course of duration given to you by your doctor.
No, it is not advised to drink alcohol while taking m73 pill as it may affect the action of this medication.
Yes, doxycycline is said to cause discolouration of teeth in most of the patients. it is due to the calcium present into the teeths.
You should avoid dairy foods like milk, cheese and yoghurt as it can stop your body from absorbing doxycycline.