This article aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the 018 pill, including its uses, dosage recommendations, and potential side effects.
Whether you are currently taking this medication, considering it as a treatment option, or simply seeking information, we hope to offer you a clear and informative understanding of the 018 pill and its impact on your health.
What is 018 Pill?
The 018 Pill is an orange, oval-shaped pill identified as Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180 mg. It is a medication commonly used to relieve symptoms associated with allergies, such as sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes.
Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is an antihistamine that blocks the effects of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
The 018 Pill is marketed by Prasco Laboratories, a pharmaceutical company specializing in developing and distributing generic medications.
Generic medications are equivalent to their brand-name counterparts regarding safety, quality, and effectiveness but are typically more affordable. Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is also available under different brand names and in various forms, such as tablets, capsules, and liquids.
It is important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the packaging of the medication when taking the 018 Pill or any other medication.
If you have any questions or concerns about the 018 Pill or its use, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional for guidance.
The key facts about the pill containing Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180 mg (018 Pill) are as follows:
- Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is an antihistamine medication that relieves allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itching, and watery eyes.
- The pill is oval-shaped and light orange, with “018” imprinted on one side.
- Each pill contains 180 mg of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride as the active ingredient.
- It is available over the counter and can be purchased without a prescription.
- The recommended dosage for adults and children 12 years and older is one pill (180 mg) taken once daily.
- It is important to follow the instructions on the packaging or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- The pill should be swallowed whole with water, not chewed, crushed, or broken.
- Common side effects may include headache, drowsiness, dizziness, and dry mouth. If these side effects persist or worsen, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional.
- It is important to disclose any pre-existing medical conditions or medications taken to a healthcare professional before using this medication.
- This medication may not be suitable for everyone, and it is always advisable to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and guidance.
To use it effectively, it’s important to follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. The recommended dose for adults and children 12 years and older is 180 mg once daily.
It’s best to take the pill with water on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Avoid taking it with fruit juices, as they may decrease the absorption of the medication.
If you are using the medication for seasonal allergies, it’s recommended to start taking it 2 to 4 weeks before the allergy season begins.
If you have any questions or concerns about using the 018 Pill, it’s always best to consult a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
Precautions & Warnings
Before taking 018 Pill, which contains Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180 mg, it is important to know the precautions associated with this medication. Here is a list of precautions to consider:
- Allergies: Inform your doctor if you have known allergies to fexofenadine or other antihistamines. It is also important to mention any allergies to other medications, foods, or substances.
- Medical Conditions: Inform your doctor about any pre-existing medical conditions, especially kidney disease or any issues related to your liver. This information will help your doctor determine if Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is safe.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, it is important to consult your doctor before taking this medication. The safety of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been fully established.
- Other Medications: Inform your doctor about any other medications, supplements, or herbal remedies you currently take. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter medications. Some drugs may interact with Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, potentially causing adverse effects or reducing effectiveness.
- Alcohol: Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, as it may increase the risk of certain side effects such as drowsiness or dizziness.
- Driving and Operating Machinery: Fexofenadine Hydrochloride may cause drowsiness or dizziness in some individuals. If you experience these side effects, avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- Dosage: Take Fexofenadine Hydrochloride exactly as your doctor directs or as instructed on the packaging. Stay within the recommended dosage by consulting your healthcare provider.
- Side Effects: Be aware of potential side effects of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, such as headache, drowsiness, nausea, or dry mouth. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, seek medical attention.
It is important to consult your healthcare provider for personalized advice and to discuss any specific concerns or questions regarding using 018 Pill containing Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180 mg.
Common side effects of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride may include headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, or upset stomach. These side effects are usually mild and go away on their own.
In rare cases, some individuals may experience more serious side effects, such as allergic reactions, including rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, or trouble breathing.
Seeking immediate medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms is important.
Other less common but possible side effects may include dry mouth, cough, or menstrual cramps. If any of these side effects persist or worsen, it is advisable to consult your healthcare provider.
Use in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding
It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any medication during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergies, such as sneezing, runny nose, and itchy or watery eyes.
While Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is generally considered safe during pregnancy, it is still recommended to consult a healthcare professional before taking any medication.
The safety of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride during breastfeeding is also not well-established, so it is recommended to discuss with a healthcare professional the potential risks and benefits of using this medication while breastfeeding.
It is always best to prioritize the health and well-being of both the mother and the baby when considering medication use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
While the 018 Pill is generally considered safe and well-tolerated, it may interact with certain medications or substances. Some common drug interactions to be aware of include:
- Antacids: Fexofenadine absorption may be reduced with aluminum or magnesium hydroxide antacids. It is recommended to separate the doses by at least 2 hours.
- Fruit juices: Grapefruit, orange, and apple juice may decrease the absorption of Fexofenadine. It is advisable to avoid consuming these juices while taking the medication.
- Ketoconazole: Co-administration of Fexofenadine with Ketoconazole, an antifungal medication, may increase the blood levels of Fexofenadine. Close monitoring is recommended if these medications are taken together.
- Erythromycin and clarithromycin: Both antibiotics can increase the blood levels of Fexofenadine. Caution should be exercised when using these medications concurrently.
- Cimetidine: Cimetidine, a medication used to treat stomach ulcers and acid reflux, may increase the blood levels of Fexofenadine. Dose adjustments may be necessary in some cases.
These are just a few examples of potential drug interactions. It is essential to disclose all medications, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, supplements, and herbal products, to your healthcare provider or pharmacist before starting Fexofenadine or any other medication.
They will be able to provide you with personalized advice based on your specific medical history and current medications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about the 018 Pill, which contains Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 180 mg, are:
What is Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, and what does it do?
Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is an antihistamine medication that relieves allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itching, and watery eyes. It works by blocking the effects of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic reactions.
How should I take the 018 Pill?
It is important to follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the packaging of the medication. The 018 Pill should be taken orally with water, usually once or twice a day, depending on your doctor's recommendation. It can be taken with or without food.
What are the possible side effects of the 018 Pill?
Common side effects of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride may include headache, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, and dry mouth. However, not everyone experiences side effects, and they are usually mild. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, it is important to contact your healthcare provider.
Can I take the 018 Pill if I have other medical conditions or take other medications?
It is important to inform your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have and any medications you are currently taking. They can determine if the 018 Pill is safe and appropriate for you.
Can I take the 018 Pill if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
It is recommended to consult with your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking any medication, including the 018 Pill. They can assess the potential risks and benefits for you and your baby.
Can children take the 018 Pill?
A healthcare provider should determine the use of the 018 Pill in children. The dosage and safety considerations may vary based on the child's age and weight.
How long does it take for the 018 Pill to work?
The onset of action may vary from person to person. Some individuals may experience relief from allergy symptoms within an hour of taking the medication, while others may require several days of consistent use for optimal results.
Can I drink alcohol while taking the 018 Pill?
It is generally recommended to avoid or limit alcohol consumption while taking any medication, including the 018 Pill. Alcohol can increase the risk of side effects, such as drowsiness or dizziness.
Can I drive or operate machinery while taking the 018 Pill?
Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is generally considered non-drowsy, but it can still cause drowsiness in some individuals. It is important to assess your response to the medication before engaging in activities that require alertness or coordination.
What should I do if I miss a dose of the 018 Pill?
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
It is important to consult with your healthcare provider or pharmacist for personalized information and guidance regarding using the 018 Pill or any medication.